NEWS Splitter FREEGAMES Splitter PCTROUBLESHOOTING Splitter GAMELIST Splitter FREEGAMEACCOUNT Splitter EMULATOR

Search This Blog

Monday, February 16, 2009

Connectix VGS FAQ/Help




 









FAQ

Q: I'm using a Pentium 90 computer VGS is very slow, what can I do to speed it up.
A:
1. Disable the sounds
2. For hardware tweaks goto 1.5 up to

Note: Actually you can play Vgs in a decent speed with a Pentium 90 all you need is at least a 4mb video card.

Q: Why is it Bleem is much faster in my Pentium 90 than Vgs.
A: Bleem uses direct 3d while VGS uses Software mode.

Q: How can I use an ISO on my vgs it only supports cd-rom.
A: Use VirtualCD, Clonecd or any other Cdrom emulator.

Q: How can I use my back-up cd on my vgs, it just keeps on ejecting my cd.
A: There is a patch for this use a search engine to look for it.

Q: How can I play my vgs on Windows XP?
A1: You'll need a patch for Vgs in order for vgs to work on XP.
A2: If you are really desperate and have the disk space try making a dual boot system.
A3: Use virtual pc by connectixs it emulates a pc with in a pc.

Q: What’s wrong with my patch, all patches works except the XP patch.
A: In order for the Xp patch to work you'll need a special version of VGS, the one patch by PSytek

Q: Where can I find information about VGS?
A: Try Aldostools.com or just use the link in my home page.

Q: My Pc crashes when I change disk.
A: Uncheck the DMA option for your cd-rom.

Q: VGS won't start because it is searching for a file.
A1: Try downloading it from the internet
A2: Re-install VGS.
A3: If you don't have Microsoft office install it, I think Microsoft word uses share some files.
A4: Check your directx you need at least directx 7.


Q: I found a game.txt in the internet it suppose to be use as a patch for VGS, how can I use it.
A1: You can use a generic patcher to patch the game directly. or
A2: if you’re using VGS 1.4.1 patch by Psytek just place inside the folder along with vgs and you’re done.



Game specific Trouble shooting

Tips for FMV problems in Final fantasy 7 and other problems:

FMV problems in FF7 maybe cause by scratches on the cd surface or bad cd-rom. Here are some simple steps to help you finish the FMV.

1. Check your cd for finger prints or dust.
2. Play FF7 when it comes to the FMV that VGS Freeze press ESC then press the eject button replace it with disk 2 or any

other disk Unpause the game then before the fmv finish switch the cd to the original cd.
3. Change VGS memory card to any emulator (e.g. Bleem). Ok after changing the card use bleem to finish the FMV then save the game change it back to vgs.

Note: This can also be use for FF8 FMV problems.
4. Disk change crashes Check out FAQ

Tips for FF8 problems

Problem: I can't see the cursor, the boost indicator for Gf and Squall's limit break gauge.
Solution: This problem is solve in version 1.4.1 or 1.5.0

Problem: The game stops when Ultemacia summons griever.
Solution1: If you don't care in fighting Ultamecia use PEC instant win. PEC is a program that uses game shark code for vgs.
Solution2: But if you want to fight Ultemacia you'll need a FF9 disk 1. Ok here’s the procedure:

Step 1 - Use FF9 to boot the VGS
Step 2 - Without exiting Vgs press esc to pause the game.
Step 3 - Change FF9 disk to FF8 disk 4
Step 4 - Reset VGS
Step 5 - load the game.

Tips for FF9 problems:

Problem: At the end of disk 1 Vgs freeze when Beatrix uses her lighting attack.
Solution: Level up your heroes so that they can dispatch Beatrix fast before she can use her lighting attack.

Problem: AT the ending fmv of disk 2 vgs freeze.
Solution: You'll need to patch the actual disk for this. Check out Aldostools.

Breath of Fire IV

In the screen when Ryu's party is going to the dream land there is a possibility that the game stops. This happens sometimes so it is better to save the game before going to the dream land. So you can just load if it happens.

Update:  9/14/2014

2 comments:

  1. Hey. I was wondering how I can play FF9 with Connectix VGS? I mount the "CD" in daemon tools and fire up vgs.

    The game starts. It shows published by Square etc and then the music starts. Nothing happens after this. Can you plz help me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes you can play Final Fantasy 9 with CVGS 1.4.1

    Check the version of your CVGS it should be 1.4.1 and use the "CVGS video patch xp". Enable the FF9 options. Check the patch here

    http://gamerzedge-zero.blogspot.com/2010/04/cvgs-video-patch-xp.html

    if your stlll having problems check this site www.aldostools.com you'll see all the info on how to play FF9 on your VGS.

    ReplyDelete